Name of Client : EAMCEF
Consultants: Makonda, F.B.S., Munishi, P.K.T., Prof. S.S. Madoffe, Kashaigili, J.J., Silayo, D.A., Katani, J.Z., Augustino, S., and Mbije, N.E.
Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
The project aims to undertake a series of linked baseline studies for each of the 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park, resulting in baseline reports and data sets that can be used to measure progress over the 5 years of Norwegian funding. The main purpose of the baseline studies is to put in place solid pieces of work that can be used for measuring progress and impact by the project, and that can also contribute to the better management of the Nature Reserves and National Park network overall.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided by your Staff:
1. To undertake an update on the area of forest cover and status (visibility) of the forest boundaries within the 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park and to map forest cover and changes over time.
2. To quantity the carbon stored within each of the 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park and the losses that have occurred due to forest loss over the past decade.
3. To update the status of the plant and animal biodiversity values of the 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park.
4. To update the existing information on forest condition (disturbance) in the 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park and assess changes in disturbance since 2009.
5. To update the existing management effectiveness information for the 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park.
6. To undertake targeted surveys of the livelihoods of selected surrounding communities around 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park.
7. To document the available knowledge on hydrological values of the 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park